Ghostwriting & Editing Services
To write or to hire a ghostwriter?
That is the question many aspiring authors ask.
PROS of Hiring a Ghostwriter:
- You don’t have to commit time and energy to writing
- You don’t have to learn the process of writing a book
- You make sure the book will be finished on time
- A professional writer will make you look good
CONS of Hiring a Ghostwriter:
- Good ghostwriters are expensive ($15k to $100k+)
- Great business ghostwriters are not easy to find and manage
- You take a big risk (you may not like the book and there is no money back guarantee)
If you don’t feel writing is your forté and you can afford a ghostwriter with a good track record, let’s chat.
To self-edit or to hire an editor?
Self-edit first, but ALWAYS work with an editor.
A professional editor will go through 4 levels of editing:
1. Developmental editing: high-level editing to assess if the book’s structure and flow work well.
2. Content editing: medium-level editing looking at consistency of voice and style, clarity, and readability.
3. Copy editing: low-level editing to fix any problems with grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
4. Proofreading: granular level editing to correct anything that was missed in previous passes.